The Learning Center offers organizational and academic support for College Prep students.
- Yea Afolabi, Director of Learning Services and Cameron Teichgraeber, Math/Science Learning Specialist
The Learning Center is open every school
day for students to drop by during breaks, free periods, and lunch, or to make
appointments in advance. To secure an appointment time, students send an email
to the Learning Center staff member with whom he or she would like to meet.
The aim of the Learning Center is to provide support for students who need extra help with their academic work, study skills, time management, and organizational skills. Yea Afolabi, our Director of Learning Services, oversees the Learning Center and specializes in the humanities. Cameron Teichgraeber offers students support in math and science. Learning Center staff members provide:
- One-on-one tutorials
- Oversight of group work
- Workshops on skills and content
- Study skills and time-management support
- Assistance in managing group projects and long-term projects such as term papers
- Peer tutor coordination
- Help with navigation of learning styles and differences
- Coordination with the College Board and ACT regarding testing accommodations for students with learning differences