The Learning Center offers organizational and academic support for College Prep students.
Yea Afolabi, Director of Learning Services and Cameron Teichgraeber, Math/Science Learning Specialist and Math teacher
The aim of the Learning Center is to provide support for students who need extra help with their academic work, study skills, time management, and organizational skills. Yea Afolabi, our Director of Learning Services, oversees the Learning Center and specializes in the humanities. Cameron Teichgraeber offers students support in math and science.
- One-on-one tutorials
Oversight of group work
- Workshops on skills and content
- Study skills, time management, and organizational support
- Tools for preventing and reducing stress and building resilience
- Assistance in managing group projects and long-term projects such as term papers
- Peer tutor coordination
- Identification and analysis of learning styles
- Help with navigation of learning differences
- Coordination with the College Board and ACT regarding testing accommodations for students with learning differences